Wednesday, November 12, 2008

When Times are Good, People Eat Pizza


If you want to know what Williamsburg looked like on Election Night, here are some pictures of the largely aimless crowd that gathered at the corner of North 7th Street and Bedford Avenue (or, the Nexus of the Universe).


It was about 2 am, and I was on my way home when I ran into a German friend outside of Anna Maria Pizza. What's going on here?, I asked him. It's you Americans, he said, you don't know how to deal with change.

This was just before a guy with an English bull terrier draped across his shoulders starting chanting "Suck my cock!" to the police, for reasons that remained unclear.


For a bigger picture of election night in Greenpoint/Williamsburg, read my story for the Greenpoint Gazette. Then read my other story for the Greenpoint Gazette.

No comments: